Less than seven months have passed since Roku and Walmart jointly announced the launch of the Roku lineup of smart home products. The products included security cameras, video doorbells, lighting, plugs, and more.
Building on the success of those products, Roku has announced a further expansion into the smart home space with new products and features.
Home Monitoring System SE
The new Roku Home Monitoring System SE (developed in partnership with Wyze Labs), is a security package that comes with the following:
- Two entry sensors: Get notified on your phone when a door or window is open, closed, or left open.
- Motion sensor: Get notified – or automatically turn on a light – when motion is detected.
Tip: You can program the system to ignore pets with an adjustable setting.
- Hub with built-in siren: Notify the house – and the neighborhood – if an emergency is detected.
- Keypad: Easily arm or disarm your home, change modes, or manually sound your alarm. Home, Away, and Off modes and customizable monitoring are provided via the system keypad or the Roku Smart Home mobile app.
Tip: Users have the option to use self-home monitoring or subscribe to professional 24/7 monitoring.
Users can configure settings to be notified when sensors detect a door is opened or closed, or an alarm goes off, as well as arm or disarm the system from home with the system keypad or on the go with the Roku Mobile Smart Home mobile app.
Tip: The system is expandable with additional entry sensors, motion sensors, and keypads.
The Roku Home Monitoring System SE provides guided videos and clear illustrations for easy setup with no tools required.
The Home Monitoring System SE is priced at $99.
Professional Monitoring is available for $9.99 a month or $99.99 a year. Subscribers who choose annual billing receive 50% off their first year.
From Mark Robins, Vice President, Roku Smart Home: “Roku’s new home monitoring system provides peace of mind while being easier than ever to set up, control and monitor,…We are proud to further extend Roku’s Smart Home lineup with affordable and delightful ways to secure the safety of any home.”
Smart Light Strip+ SE and Roku Solar Panel
In addition to the monitoring system, Roku is also offering the new Smart Light Strip+ SE and Solar Panel.
The light strip allows users to display up to 16 different colors at once while Solar Panel can be used to power the previously available wire-free Roku Outdoor Camera SE.
Tip: The Roku Solar Panel will be available later this month (May 2023).
Enhanced Roku OS Integration
Roku Smart Home customers who also use a Roku player or TV that incorporate the Roku OS (streaming sticks, Roku TVs, Roku smart soundbars) will be able to access the following new features once the latest Roku TV OS rolls out automatically in the coming weeks:
- Home Monitoring On TV: See an on-TV notification and alarm countdown when your Roku Home Monitoring System SE is armed, and a sensor is triggered.
- Access Camera Event History: Experience seamless integration between your connected camera and smart doorbell with the Roku Cameras app, which downloads video footage automatically to your Roku player or TV powered by the Roku OS. You can view live camera footage or click “Events” to see previous recording history filtered by preference on your TV.
- Smart Home Voice Control: Control Roku Smart Home devices with your voice by speaking into a compatible Roku remote or Roku mobile app. Compatible devices include Roku lights and smart plugs, show live camera feeds on your Roku-powered TV screen and more. Roku Voice integration now allows you to turn Roku lights on or off and change their brightness and color, hands-free.
Credit : Source Post